What does the bond market today have in common with the stock market in 1998-2000 and the real estate market in 2006-2007? They were all ridiculous bubbles that ended very badly for investors. This is not a prediction. It is simple risk vs. reward analysis based on valuations. It is something that can save your portfolio from massive losses when you understand how it works. Learn how…
Alternative Investment Strategy 101 Tutorial Guide
If You're Dissatisfied With The Risk Inherent In Conventional Investment Advice, Then Consider Alternative Investment Strategy.
Conventional investment strategy is passive. According to the experts, you just buy and hold a proper mix of stocks and bonds and that's as good as you'll ever do. Don't change investment strategy based on conditions and don't ever sell. Just buy and hold through thick and thin, and the experts' claim the rising tide of the market will magically leave a pot of gold waiting for you at the end of your retirement rainbow.
However, the passive approach doesn't work for maintaining your health, advancing your career, raising your children, or developing satisfying relationships. In fact, the passive approach isn't an effective strategy for any significant life activity. Why would investing be any different?
It isn't, and the results prove it.
What you need are alternative investment strategies for those times and situations when a traditional, passive approach isn't adequate.
- Are You Gambling Or Investing? Learn the strategy of investing with the house advantage so that you can put the odds of success on your side.
- How My Worst Investment Made Me Wealthy: How you manage investment losses will ultimately determine your profits. Learn which investment strategy makes the most of a bad situation.
- Deadly Dozen Investment Mistakes To Avoid: Reveals the twelve most common investment mistakes that can separate you from financial security and what you can do to avoid them.
- Which Type Of Investor Are You? Take This Test ... Your financial security depends on the type of investor you are. Learn how you can advance your investment strategy to the next level.
- Four Stages To Consistently Profitable Investing: Discover which investing stage you are at now, and learn how you can advance your investment strategy to the next stage to become a more profitable investor.
- Seven Key Reasons Why Financial Education Should Be Your First Investment - Learn all the ways that an investment in yourself will pay a lifetime of dividends that nobody can ever take and you can't ever lose.
- Ten Commandments Of Investment Strategy: Find out how your investment strategy measures up to proven success principles and learn what you can do to increase your financial security.
In addition to the featured articles above we also have many educational blog posts about investing strategy that you'll will find here.
Conventional investment strategy isn't wrong. It is just over-simplified, inadequate, and based on many dubious assumptions. You need alternative investment strategies so that you can profit more consistently with less risk.
Below you’ll find a listing of our most recent articles about alternative investment strategy providing you with additional strategies and information when you are ready to take the next step…
I’ve received many questions from readers during the past few months about real estate investment strategy during this economic crisis. The common thinking is that somewhere down the road a nasty inflation should return making real estate a smart inflation hedge. While I agree with the basic concept, I also believe there are many issues to be wary of…
I’m a really dumb investor. If I had to rely on my brain and reasoning power to make investment decisions I would be dead broke by now. That is why I test all investment theories before ever putting a dime at risk. Amazingly, what I have learned is how little of the prevailing investment wisdom is really true. Even more surprising is how profitable investment strategy shares one thing in common…
Did you know that nearly all the stock market gains from 1983-2007 came from just 25% of the stocks? Similarly, 75% of stocks contributed zero performance on average and the average stock actually lost money – during one of the greatest bull markets in recorded history. If you want to pick stocks that outperform the averages or develop a greater understanding of trend-following risk management techniques for your investment portfolio then this is a must read…
In our weekly “Ask Todd” series, a reader asked: “Todd, can you give me three quick criteria to sort individual stocks worth investigating from those that have no investment merit?” The quick and dirty answer is “your question has an underlying false premise.” Individual security selection is only the last 10-20% of return on any properly diversified portfolio and takes 80% of your analyisis time to figure out. Pareto’s Law dictates you can get 80% of the investment return for 20% of the effort if you just follow these simple criteria…