|Get in Touch
Email: [email protected]
Direct Line – Office: 775-852-8897
(Please leave a message if your call goes to voicemail)
Personal Cell: 775-560-2420
(Please use only for urgent requests)
Todd Tresidder graduated from the University of California at Davis with a B.A. in economics and a passion for creating successful businesses. A serial entrepreneur since childhood, Todd went on to build his own wealth as a hedge fund investment manager before “retiring” at 35. He grew his net worth from less than zero at 23 to the point of financial independence just 12 years later.
Todd has maintained his wealth by remaining an active investor and utilizing statistical and mathematical risk management systems for investing. Through his website at FinancialMentor.com, he teaches advanced investing and advanced retirement planning principles. Take the next step beyond conventional financial advice and discover what works, what doesn’t, and why, based on years of proven experience.
Click to download biographies of varying lengths for media use (file is a Microsoft Word doc).
Recent Media Mentions:
- Journal of Personal Finance: Are Safe Withdrawal Rates Really Safe? Volume 11, Issue 1
- Experian: How and When to Start Retirement Planning [Video]
- Wired Advisor: Podcast WA09: Todd Tresidder – Financial Coach and Founder of Financial Mentor
- Mint: Expert Interview with Todd Tresidder on Investing and Money Management for Mint
- US News: 6 Ways Smart Spenders Save More Cash
- US News: 6 Secrets of Successful Money Coaches
- The Wall Street Journal: Will You Be Able to Retire?
- BadCredit.org: America’s 11 Best Finance Coaches
- ABA Journal: Don’t panic, plan: Regular saving and asset allocation help build a retirement
- Experian: How Much Do I Need to Retire? [Video]
- Forbes: Ten Career And Self-Help Books For Your Holiday Gift List
Recent Awards and Recognition:
- National Financial Educators Council: National Financial Educators Day
- 2014 Plutus Award Winner: Best Investment Blog and The People’s Choice Award (and finalist for Best Retirement Blog)
- 2013 Plutus Award Winner: Best Personal Finance Blog for Retirement
- 2010 Top 30 Business Blogs for the Finance Category
- 2010 eCollegeFinder’s Financial Mentor Award; recognized as one of the Top 50 Financial Mentors
- What inspired you to create FinancialMentor.com?
- What do you hope to achieve with your site and financial coaching service?
- Why do you provide so much actionable content people can use for free on your site?
- Where did you gain your experience, knowledge, and insights?
- Why did you choose financial coaching instead of the traditional financial advisor business model? What’s the difference?
- How can people figure out how much they need to save for retirement? What makes conventional retirement planning advice so dangerously incorrect?
- How can the average Joe achieve financial freedom?
- Why is leverage so important when it comes to wealth-building? What do you mean by “leverage”?
- In your experience, what is the biggest hurdle the average American faces to achieving financial independence? Do you have any advice for removing or overcoming that challenge?
- Can you share one big piece of conventional financial advice or assumption that is often shared, but is just plain wrong?