Click here to download the transcript of Ken's top tips on fulfillment and the new retirement!
Do you believe retirement starts at age 65?
Do you think retirement is about playing endless rounds of golf, reading novels, and drinking a Mai Tai while lounging in a hammock on a tropical beach?
I have news for you. The retirement game has completely changed. The old rules are so 1990. You need to understand the new retirement so you can plan accordingly.
Future retirees are living longer and enjoying greater health much later in life. This reality has changed everything about retirement planning:
- Pensions are no longer a reliable source of income forcing most people to self-fund through savings.
- 30+ years of endless leisure is not how most people define a fulfilling life.
- Few are willing to wait until age 65 to shift their career from maximum income to maximum fulfillment.
- Most people desire greater personal connection with community and meaningful contribution once their career based network ends.
Most people intuitively get that the retirement planning game has changed, but few understand what to do about it.
- Should you “retire” at age 40, 50, or 65?
- What should you do with your life after retirement?
- How do you know when you are ready to retire – both financially and emotionally?
- What does “retirement” really mean anyway?
Related: 5 Rookie Financial Planning Mistakes That Cost You Big-Time (and what to do instead!) Explained in 5 Free Video Lessons
The truth is retirement is the biggest financial objective you must plan for. It dwarfs buying a house or saving for the kids college.
Given that traditional retirement planning no longer works and the game has completely changed it only makes sense to bring your knowledge up to speed so that you can retire 10 or 20 years earlier than previously planned.
In this episode you will discover:
- How your needs and wants change as soon as you achieve your base-level financial freedom number.
- A clear definition of what that financial freedom number is.
- The myth that financial freedom equates to no longer working.
- Why your financial freedom number is totally real and can't be faked or ignored.
- The little-known emotional reality you should expect as you approach financial freedom.
- The unexpected reason that life after financial freedom can be more difficult than before (you're not alone when it happens to you).
- How to define the next step after financial freedom as the basis for happiness and fulfillment.
- What you should do when money ceases to be your top priority for working.
- The amazing story that bring new perspective to every remaining year in your life.
- How to make discomfort a positive thing.
- How the new retirement changes both your life plan and your financial plan.
- The surprising reason you might just be happier earning a lot less income.
- A simple plan to build financial independence without frugality.
- The one equation no wealth builder can succeed without.
- The 3 investment mistakes Ken reveals that you can easily avoid repeating.
- How to manage your life for the ultimate deadline.
- and much more….
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Session Include:
- Ken's website is http://kenturek.com
- My 7 Steps To 7 Figures Wealth Building Course
- You can learn more about my financial coaching services here.
- My bestselling book at Amazon is here How Much Money Do I Need To Retire?
- A retirement calculator to help you engineer your new retirement.
- More educational articles about retirement planning can be found here.
Help Out The Show:
Thank you to everyone who has left a review on ITunes. I really appreciate it. Really.
I read every review and appreciate your support.
Alternatively, you can click on the link below and it should also launch ITunes on your computer…
Thanks for your support and I hope you enjoyed this episode. Please let me know what you think in the comments below…
Retiring Soon? Pick Up a Copy of My Book.
The conventional approach used by experts to figure how much money you need to retire is fundamentally flawed. Worse yet, you won’t even know it until it’s too late.
This book takes you behind the scientific façade of modern retirement planning to reveal simple, robust solutions that will help you retire sooner and with greater financial security.