Most of us look to financial experts for their knowledge and advice because, well, they’re experts. We pay them for that knowledge because we lack it ourselves. Unfortunately, that knowledge isn’t always as valuable as you might think, particularly when it comes to financial advice. In fact, it’s more valuable to become your own financial expert. Why? Financial professionals aren’t always right, and they don’t always invest with your best interests in mind. Discover how you can improve your investment performance by managing these inherent conflicts of interest…
Conventional Investment Advice Is Simple, Convenient, And Easy To Digest – Unfortunately, It Is Also Often Wrong
One size does not fit all - not with clothes, relationships, or investment advice.
The generic computer optimizations used by nearly every investment advisor and stock broker to build investment portfolios may be completely wrong for you. The implied assumption is one size fits all, but it's not true.
Studies by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the American Council of Life Insurance show that roughly 95% of Americans retire without financial security. Conventional investment advice isn't working and the results prove it.
"The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."-Oscar Wilde
Nothing is wrong with conventional investment advice if the times you live in and your life situation perfectly fit the mold it is designed to model. Unfortunately, for many people seeking to build wealth and financial security the assumptions for the conventional model aren't true.
The reality is there are many alternative approaches to investment advice that are equally as valid as traditional investment advice. It's not so much a question of right or wrong, but rather what will better fit your unique situation?
One size does not fit all, and over-simplified solutions that can fit into a computer algorithm should be suspect. Consider some alternatives to traditional investment advice.
There's More To Investment Advice Than 401k's And Diversification. Here's What You've Been Missing...
- Are You Making Any Of These Deadly Dozen Investment Mistakes?: Reveals the twelve most common investment mistakes that can separate you from financial security.
- Due Diligence: Five "Must Ask" Questions Before Making Any Investment: Learn what due diligence questions to ask so that you can avoid losing investments before they cost you money.
- 16 Investment Frauds You Must Avoid: The many faces of investment fraud - revealed.
- Seven Key Reasons Why Financial Education Is Your Best Investment: If you think investor education is expensive, try ignorance.
- Top 26 Warning Signs of Investment Fraud: How to uncover even the best disguised investment fraud before it costs you money.
- Twelve Insider Tips For Finding Financial Advice You Can Trust: Find out if your financial advice passes this "gold standard" test by learning the essential questions that can separate good investment advice from bad.
- Investment Fraud Prevention - A Due Diligence Checklist: Reveals the crucial questions to protect you from investment fraud and send the con-artist ducking for cover.
- Don't Even Consider "Sound-Bite" Investment Advice Without Reading This: Uncover the deceptive contradiction between media sound-bite investment advice and the inherent complexity of investing so that you aren't deceived.
- Are You Gambling Or Investing?: Learn how to invest with the house advantage so that you can put the odds of success on your side.
- Three Criteria For Picking Winning Stocks: Pareto’s Law dictates you can get 80% of the investment return for 20% of the effort if you just follow these simple criteria.
- What Big Winning Stocks Have In Common: If you want to pick stocks that outperform the averages or develop a greater understanding of trend-following risk management techniques for your investment portfolio then this is a must read.
- The Solution To Investment Losses: Are you managing your risk correctly? Every day you face a decision to buy, hold or sell. When you make no decision you effectively choose to buy your portfolio that day because it keeps the risk.
- What Is A Good Investment?: All assets can be good or bad investment given the right strategy, timing, or price. It's all about process – not product.
- Can I Actively Trade My Way Out Of This Economic Mess?: Reveals the common belief most investors have about active trading...that's dangerously wrong!
- A 10% Safe Dividend On The Dow 30?: In this post I explain the same three step process that helped my financial coaching client sort through the confusion and make a smart investment decision.
- Wall Street Journal Got It Wrong: Even Wall Street Journal makes blatant mistakes by misusing statistics and applying false premises to data to derive completely incorrect conclusions. I attempt to right their wrong here.
- Avoid Losses: 5 Ways Investment Research Lies To You: Things are seldom as they appear. Nowhere is this more true than investment research. Here is how you sort fact from fiction to protect your portfolio.
- Pay Off Mortgage Early Or Invest - The Complete Guide: The answer is far more complex and confusing than generally understood. Here is your definitive guide to simplifying the complex so you can make a smart decision.
- Stock Broker Fraud: Reveals the 11 tell-tale signs of stock broker fraud and what you can do to protect your investments.
- The Great Bond Bubble Is Next! What Now?: It's simple risk vs. reward analysis based on valuations and it can save your portfolio from massive losses when you understand how it works.
- How My Worst Investment Made Me Wealthy: How you manage investment losses will ultimately determine your profits. Learn which investment strategy makes the most of a bad situation.
- Which Type Of Investor Are You? Take This Test: Your financial security depends on the type of investor you are. Learn how you can advance your investment strategy to the next level.
- Peer To Peer Lending Review - Dangers Revealed: Investors are starving for yield and P2P lending companies have risen to satisfy that need. Don’t be deceived. Look behind the emotional facade at these facts.
- Wall Street's Dirty Little Secrets - Revealed: Uncover the dirty little secrets that Wall Street doesn't want you to know. Deception is never ethical.
- How To Pick Dividend Growth Stocks - A Fully Revealed Model: Provides a complete blueprint for dividend growth stock investing – fully revealed in this comprehensive tutorial guide.
- How To Invest For Inflation & Deflation: The future is volatile with bouts of deflation and inflation. How do you invest and manage risk in that scenario?
- Variable Annuity Investing for Dummies: Variable annuities are so complicated that even a rocket scientist could get confused. We simplify the complex so that you can get behind the variable annuity salesman's hype and independently decide if it is an appropriate investment for you.
- Are You Vulnerable To Investment Fraud? Take This Test: Discover which personal traits make you more likely to lose money to investment fraud with this fun, 15 question self-test.
- Investment Fraud Victim? How To Get Help: Learn the do's and don'ts that maximize your odds of recovery after investment fraud strikes.
- New Bull Market Or Bear Rally?: Reveals the economic fundamentals of bear markets so you can assess market risk.
- One Key To Successful Investing: Warren Buffett, Jimmy Rogers, and yours truly all attribute their successful investment careers to this one habit.
- Four Stages To Consistently Profitable Investing: Discover which investing stage you are at now, and learn how you can jump to the next investment stage to become a more profitable investor.
- Ten Commandments Of Investment Strategy: Find out how your investment strategy measures up to proven success principles and learn what you can do to increase your financial security.
- Wealth Planning Course: When it comes to achieving financial independence, you need more than just an "investment plan." The truth is, most plans sold by advisors and brokers aren't nearly enough. They don't give you the action steps you need to create wealth. This wealth planning course will, and in just 30 days, you'll engineer a road map that will take you toward achieving all your financial goals. Find out more here.
The investment advice you'll find on this site is based on real-life experience and the experience of coaching clients just like you to achieve wealth. It is proven, systematic, step-by-step investment advice designed to help you reach your financial goals.
Below you’ll find a listing of our most recent articles about investment advice providing you with additional strategies and information to help you take the next step…
There are three types of investors, but only one type is right for you. You must carefully match your investment strategy with your skills, resources, and interests if you want to achieve your financial goals as easy as possible. Many investment strategies won’t fit your financial situation. The good news is you can advance to another investment type with the right education and skill development. Take this test to gauge where you are at now and what the right next step will be for your situation…
Do you enjoy feeling out of control when investing in the market? Of course not. No one does. This loss of control is because the essence of investing is putting capital at risk into an unknowable future. How do you profit reliably when the future is unknowable? It’s a complicated question. Unfortunately, most people respond to this innate uncertainty by seeking financial forecasters – from talking heads on CNBC to magazine and newspaper writers to financial analysts – to bring some sense of certainty to this unknowable future. They want to believe these soothsayers have enough foreknowledge about financial events to make a meaningful difference. Unfortunately, they don’t, and I’ll show you the facts to prove it. In addition, you’ll discover how to invest profitably without any need to make any prediction about the future.
Securities fraud should be a real concern for any investor. Eventually you’ll come across a con man or “trusted” individual unknowingly selling a fraudulent investment. It’s not a question of “if”, but “when”. I see it regularly in my coaching client’s portfolios. Knowing how to recognize fraud before you commit your money is your only safeguard. This list contains sixteen of the most common types of securities fraud so you’ll know how to recognize fraud and protect your portfolio. It’s education that’ll pay you…
My first investment was a complete loss. I know that doesn’t make for ego pleasing, cocktail party conversation, but it’s the truth. In this article I reveal the whole story about how I lost 100% of my invested capital many years ago, and the investment mistakes I made to create this disastrous result. It’s proof that I didn’t begin as an investment genius and that anyone can develop the necessary skills. These lessons will short-cut your investment learning curve to improve performance…
How does Wall Street covertly take money out of your pocket without committing investment fraud, and what can you do to protect yourself? Why does Wall Street hide the paper trail showing how much money they take from your investment account if they don’t have anything to hide. The fact is they do have something to hide, and this article reveals their dirty little secrets so you know what to watch out for and how to protect your accounts. What you don’t know can hurt you.
Investment fraud is surprisingly common so don’t delude yourself into thinking it won’t happen to you. But how do you protect yourself? This due diligence checklist will give you all the important questions to ask so the con-man never gets your money. An educated investor who does his homework is the con-man’s worst nightmare. This checklist will show you the exact steps to take so you can flush out fraudulent investments before they ever cost you money. Arm yourself by learning more here…
Are you a victim of investment fraud? Learn how to report fraud to the correct authorities so you can prevent it from happening to others and yourself in the future. Use this free list of resources to help you get your money back.
Investment mistakes can cost you thousands of dollars and keep you from achieving your financial goals. Fortunately, you have two ways to learn how to avoid them – the first is expensive direct experience, and the second is vicariously through this article. What you’ll get in this article are the twelve most common (and expensive) investment mistakes that you’ll want to avoid along with tips, resources, and strategies showing you how to avoid them. Reading this article is the smart way to become a more profitable investor, without paying the price of direct experience. I hope it helps you reach your financial goals faster, and with less pain…
Are you susceptible to becoming a victim of investment fraud? You probably don’t think it’s a real risk, but you’d be deceiving yourself. This article reveals 15 personality traits and false beliefs you may be holding that make you a potential target for the con-man. Which errors are you committing? More importantly, discover how to protect your portfolio from major losses by implementing these 15 fraud protection methods…