The economic regime changed at the end of 2021. What worked for investment strategy and risk management won’t work during this new epoch. Discover what Todd means be epochal change and how you can profit from the new economic environment for the next decade to come.
Conventional Investment Advice Is Simple, Convenient, And Easy To Digest – Unfortunately, It Is Also Often Wrong
One size does not fit all - not with clothes, relationships, or investment advice.
The generic computer optimizations used by nearly every investment advisor and stock broker to build investment portfolios may be completely wrong for you. The implied assumption is one size fits all, but it's not true.
Studies by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the American Council of Life Insurance show that roughly 95% of Americans retire without financial security. Conventional investment advice isn't working and the results prove it.
"The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."-Oscar Wilde
Nothing is wrong with conventional investment advice if the times you live in and your life situation perfectly fit the mold it is designed to model. Unfortunately, for many people seeking to build wealth and financial security the assumptions for the conventional model aren't true.
The reality is there are many alternative approaches to investment advice that are equally as valid as traditional investment advice. It's not so much a question of right or wrong, but rather what will better fit your unique situation?
One size does not fit all, and over-simplified solutions that can fit into a computer algorithm should be suspect. Consider some alternatives to traditional investment advice.
There's More to Investing than a 401(k) and Diversification
Here's What You've Been Missing...
- Are You Making Any Of These Deadly Dozen Investment Mistakes?: Reveals the twelve most common investment mistakes that can separate you from financial security.
- Due Diligence: Five "Must Ask" Questions Before Making Any Investment: Learn what due diligence questions to ask so that you can avoid losing investments before they cost you money.
- 16 Investment Frauds You Must Avoid: The many faces of investment fraud - revealed.
- Seven Key Reasons Why Financial Education Is Your Best Investment: If you think investor education is expensive, try ignorance.
- Top 26 Warning Signs of Investment Fraud: How to uncover even the best disguised investment fraud before it costs you money.
- Twelve Insider Tips For Finding Financial Advice You Can Trust: Find out if your financial advice passes this "gold standard" test by learning the essential questions that can separate good investment advice from bad.
- Investment Fraud Prevention - A Due Diligence Checklist: Reveals the crucial questions to protect you from investment fraud and send the con-artist ducking for cover.
- Don't Even Consider "Sound-Bite" Investment Advice Without Reading This: Uncover the deceptive contradiction between media sound-bite investment advice and the inherent complexity of investing so that you aren't deceived.
- Are You Gambling Or Investing?: Learn how to invest with the house advantage so that you can put the odds of success on your side.
- Three Criteria For Picking Winning Stocks: Pareto’s Law dictates you can get 80% of the investment return for 20% of the effort if you just follow these simple criteria.
- What Big Winning Stocks Have In Common: If you want to pick stocks that outperform the averages or develop a greater understanding of trend-following risk management techniques for your investment portfolio then this is a must read.
- The Solution To Investment Losses: Are you managing your risk correctly? Every day you face a decision to buy, hold or sell. When you make no decision you effectively choose to buy your portfolio that day because it keeps the risk.
- What Is A Good Investment?: All assets can be good or bad investment given the right strategy, timing, or price. It's all about process – not product.
- Can I Actively Trade My Way Out Of This Economic Mess?: Reveals the common belief most investors have about active trading...that's dangerously wrong!
- A 10% Safe Dividend On The Dow 30?: In this post I explain the same three step process that helped my financial coaching client sort through the confusion and make a smart investment decision.
- Wall Street Journal Got It Wrong: Even Wall Street Journal makes blatant mistakes by misusing statistics and applying false premises to data to derive completely incorrect conclusions. I attempt to right their wrong here.
- Avoid Losses: 5 Ways Investment Research Lies To You: Things are seldom as they appear. Nowhere is this more true than investment research. Here is how you sort fact from fiction to protect your portfolio.
- Pay Off Mortgage Early Or Invest - The Complete Guide: The answer is far more complex and confusing than generally understood. Here is your definitive guide to simplifying the complex so you can make a smart decision.
- Stock Broker Fraud: Reveals the 11 tell-tale signs of stock broker fraud and what you can do to protect your investments.
- The Great Bond Bubble Is Next! What Now?: It's simple risk vs. reward analysis based on valuations and it can save your portfolio from massive losses when you understand how it works.
- How My Worst Investment Made Me Wealthy: How you manage investment losses will ultimately determine your profits. Learn which investment strategy makes the most of a bad situation.
- Which Type Of Investor Are You? Take This Test: Your financial security depends on the type of investor you are. Learn how you can advance your investment strategy to the next level.
- Peer To Peer Lending Review - Dangers Revealed: Investors are starving for yield and P2P lending companies have risen to satisfy that need. Don’t be deceived. Look behind the emotional facade at these facts.
- Wall Street's Dirty Little Secrets - Revealed: Uncover the dirty little secrets that Wall Street doesn't want you to know. Deception is never ethical.
- How To Pick Dividend Growth Stocks - A Fully Revealed Model: Provides a complete blueprint for dividend growth stock investing – fully revealed in this comprehensive tutorial guide.
- How To Invest For Inflation & Deflation: The future is volatile with bouts of deflation and inflation. How do you invest and manage risk in that scenario?
- Variable Annuity Investing for Dummies: Variable annuities are so complicated that even a rocket scientist could get confused. We simplify the complex so that you can get behind the variable annuity salesman's hype and independently decide if it is an appropriate investment for you.
- Are You Vulnerable To Investment Fraud? Take This Test: Discover which personal traits make you more likely to lose money to investment fraud with this fun, 15 question self-test.
- Investment Fraud Victim? How To Get Help: Learn the do's and don'ts that maximize your odds of recovery after investment fraud strikes.
- New Bull Market Or Bear Rally?: Reveals the economic fundamentals of bear markets so you can assess market risk.
- One Key To Successful Investing: Warren Buffett, Jimmy Rogers, and yours truly all attribute their successful investment careers to this one habit.
- Four Stages To Consistently Profitable Investing: Discover which investing stage you are at now, and learn how you can jump to the next investment stage to become a more profitable investor.
- Ten Commandments Of Investment Strategy: Find out how your investment strategy measures up to proven success principles and learn what you can do to increase your financial security.
- Wealth Planning Course: When it comes to achieving financial independence, you need more than just an "investment plan." The truth is, most plans sold by advisors and brokers aren't nearly enough. They don't give you the action steps you need to create wealth. This wealth planning course will, and in just 30 days, you'll engineer a road map that will take you toward achieving all your financial goals. Find out more here.
The investment advice you'll find on this site is based on real-life experience and the experience of coaching clients just like you to achieve wealth. It is proven, systematic, step-by-step investment advice designed to help you reach your financial goals.
Below you’ll find a listing of our most recent articles about investment advice providing you with additional strategies and information to help you take the next step…
When you think of leverage, what comes to mind? If you’re like most people, it’s some form of financial leverage – mortgage financing or debt financing – using other people’s money. You probably also think leverage is risky. But the truth is financial leverage is only one of six different types of leverage. Worse yet, it’s the most dangerous type of leverage because it increases risk as much as reward. The other five types of leverage can both decrease risk and increase reward… at the same time! So let’s pull these five other categories of leverage out of the shadows so you know how to multiply your wealth growth by taking less risk…
Nobody gets rich without leverage. If you aren’t employing leverage in your business and wealth plans, it means you’re compromising the speed, time, and work effort necessary to reach each level of success. Leverage isn’t difficult to master; it’s something you can implement right away and then reap the benefits for years to come. It’s time for you to stop working harder than you should to earn less than you could. Discover how to accelerate your financial growth in this article…
All of the major markets are in extreme overvaluation territory creating extraordinary risk of loss. But this has been true for years so why the warning now? Discover the 4 symptoms that separate bubbles that burst from simple overvaluation, and find out how current market conditions stack up. Are we on the precipice of a collapse, or are we at the beginning of a sudden, final price acceleration? This complete analysis will give you all the facts and show you how to manage your risk of loss for the inevitable fall around the corner…
Most of us look to financial experts for their knowledge and advice because, well, they’re experts. We pay them for that knowledge because we lack it ourselves. Unfortunately, that knowledge isn’t always as valuable as you might think, particularly when it comes to financial advice. In fact, it’s more valuable to become your own financial expert. Why? Financial professionals aren’t always right, and they don’t always invest with your best interests in mind. Discover how you can improve your investment performance by managing these inherent conflicts of interest…
There are three types of investors, but only one type is right for you. You must carefully match your investment strategy with your skills, resources, and interests if you want to achieve your financial goals as easy as possible. Many investment strategies won’t fit your financial situation. The good news is you can advance to another investment type with the right education and skill development. Take this test to gauge where you are at now and what the right next step will be for your situation…
Do you enjoy feeling out of control when investing in the market? Of course not. No one does. This loss of control is because the essence of investing is putting capital at risk into an unknowable future. How do you profit reliably when the future is unknowable? It’s a complicated question. Unfortunately, most people respond to this innate uncertainty by seeking financial forecasters – from talking heads on CNBC to magazine and newspaper writers to financial analysts – to bring some sense of certainty to this unknowable future. They want to believe these soothsayers have enough foreknowledge about financial events to make a meaningful difference. Unfortunately, they don’t, and I’ll show you the facts to prove it. In addition, you’ll discover how to invest profitably without any need to make any prediction about the future.
Securities fraud should be a real concern for any investor. Eventually you’ll come across a con man or “trusted” individual unknowingly selling a fraudulent investment. It’s not a question of “if”, but “when”. I see it regularly in my coaching client’s portfolios. Knowing how to recognize fraud before you commit your money is your only safeguard. This list contains sixteen of the most common types of securities fraud so you’ll know how to recognize fraud and protect your portfolio. It’s education that’ll pay you…
My first investment was a complete loss. I know that doesn’t make for ego pleasing, cocktail party conversation, but it’s the truth. In this article I reveal the whole story about how I lost 100% of my invested capital many years ago, and the investment mistakes I made to create this disastrous result. It’s proof that I didn’t begin as an investment genius and that anyone can develop the necessary skills. These lessons will short-cut your investment learning curve to improve performance…
How does Wall Street covertly take money out of your pocket without committing investment fraud, and what can you do to protect yourself? Why does Wall Street hide the paper trail showing how much money they take from your investment account if they don’t have anything to hide. The fact is they do have something to hide, and this article reveals their dirty little secrets so you know what to watch out for and how to protect your accounts. What you don’t know can hurt you.