Click here to download the transcript of Richard's best retirement planning tips!
The “New Retirement” is gathering momentum and catching major media attention. Are you on board?
In fact, no less than AARP has gotten behind the initiative with a new book titled Life Reimagined by Richard Leider.
More and more people are realizing the life-changing message the New Retirement delivers. It is much bigger than just financial planning. It explores the intersection between finance and fulfillment showing you how to blend them together into a life well-lived.
You will particularly enjoy in this interview how cohesive Richard and my viewpoints are on this subject – remarkably so – right down to the actual implementation steps and the meaning behind them. In fact, I wrote the introduction to this podcast before ever seeing Richard's book only to find out it couldn't have been more perfectly targeted. Not a coincidence.
During the discussion Richard and I go back and forth playing off each other bringing different language and different examples to the same core message – we want to help you get past traditional retirement illusions and embrace a more empowering and fulfilling life plan.
Bottom line – if you have any interest in retiring with financial security and enjoying a happy life (who doesn't?) then this interview is a must listen. It carefully redefines retirement as a highly misunderstood stage of life so that you know what to expect and how to plan for for the best.
In this episode you will discover:
- The critical difference between freedom from and freedom to.
- The 3 revolutions driving The New Retirement.
- How the 3 revolutions perfectly match the 3 M's – money, medicine, and meaning. (Not a coincidence.)
- The last of our human freedoms and what it means for the last stage of your life.
- The 6 steps to making the Life Reimagined transition so you can enjoy a fulfilling next stage of life.
- What it means to be pushed by pain or pushed by “inner kill,” versus driven by internal motivation.
- How do you know if you're living in the V.U.C.A world? Why should you care?
- How rapid change connects to your desire for happiness.
- What it means to find happiness from the inside-out.
- Why hedonia only gets you superficial, transient happiness, but eudaimonia can lead to deep fulfillment.
- Why happiness can only be pursued through the “side door” rather than directly.
- The dead-end path of self-absorption and self-entertainment as your sole purpose in life… revealed.
- The cause that triggers change in your life and where it comes from so you can be prepared.
- How to use a sounding board to re-create your life.
- The reason why lack of curiosity is the number one relationship destroyer in the second phase of life… and how you can protect your relationship from becoming the next victim.
- The virtues of a circular life solution versus a linear life solution. Yes, it matters.
- Discover the necessity to embrace discomfort as a positive experience on your path to growth.
- and much more….
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Session Include:
- Richard Leider's website is the InventureGroup.com.
- Richard's book is Life Reimagined on Amazon.
- The companion site to the book at LifeReimagined.org.
- My 7 Steps To 7 Figures Wealth Building Course
- Victor Frankl's book Man's Search For Meaning on Amazon.
- Learn more about my financial coaching services here.
- My bestselling book at Amazon How Much Money Do You Need To Retire?
- A retirement calculator to help you engineer your retirement.
- Richard Leider's book Repacking Your Bags: Lighten Your Load for the Rest of Your Life on Amazon.
- Money and Happiness article on this site.
- Podcast episode #7 about money and happiness with Jonathan Clements.
- Cal Newport's book So Good They Can't Ignore You on Amazon.
- The book What Color Is Your Parachute by Dick Bolles.
Help Out The Show:
If you are getting value from these podcasts then a great way to give back is to subscribe and leave a review. 5 star reviews improve the show's rank – the more reviews the higher the rank – which helps more people find the show and benefit from the message.
Alternatively, this link below will help you subscribe and leave a review on your device…
Thanks for your support and I hope you enjoyed this episode. Please let me know what you think in the comments below…
Retiring Soon? Pick Up a Copy of My Book.
The conventional approach used by experts to figure how much money you need to retire is fundamentally flawed. Worse yet, you won’t even know it until it’s too late.
This book takes you behind the scientific façade of modern retirement planning to reveal simple, robust solutions that will help you retire sooner and with greater financial security.