Click here to download the transcript of Scott's best habit tips to achieve your goals!
Habits are the easiest, most secure way to achieve any goal – including wealth.
Whether you want to learn how to invest smarter, grow your net worth, lose weight, or get in great shape – habits are the key.
In this 6th podcast with Scott H. Young we reveal all the tricks and tips to changing your habits and proactively designing your life to achieve any outcome you desire – including wealth.
You might think a subject like habits has no place in a podcast designed to help you invest smarter and grow your wealth, but nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that all the success I've enjoyed in my life can be traced back to my habits. It is THAT important.
Developing the right habits is so essential to your success, both financial and personal, that they are the centerpiece of Step 2 in my 7 Steps To 7 Figures wealth building program launching this winter.
In fact, I consider habits such a big deal that I've lined up no less than 3 separate guest experts for future podcasts to bring additional perspective to this critically important subject. You must understand how habits influence your life and how you can proactively shape your habits to create whatever success you desire. It is a subject that is deceptively simple to understand but more difficult to implement without the right knowledge – which I will be giving you.
In a nutshell, your habits are the key to your health, wealth, and happiness. Mastering the skills to change your habits consciously so that you can proactively design your life is a critically important skill on your journey to financial freedom.
In this episode you will discover:
- How to get a college education in one year instead of four… and at a tiny fraction of the cost.
- Why proactively shaping your habits is an essential topic for growing your wealth.
- How to achieve 100 times greater results for less than 10 times the effort.
- How to reverse engineer goals that seem impossibly large into step-by-step simplicity.
- Why goal achievement over time works the exact same way as wealth compounding over time.
- A simple way to leapfrog your competition in business and your career.
- The specific steps you must take to make new habits start easier and stick longer.
- How to reduce the amount of willpower needed to adopt a new habit.
- The “30 Day Trial” technique and the two ways it makes new habits stick.
- How long it takes to cement any new habit.
- When it is okay to break a new habit, and when it isn't.
- How “triggers” work and why they are so important.
- Why bad habits require “replacement theory” to break them or you will almost certainly fail.
- How to leverage your way to willpower.
- How reverse rewards can help you break through barriers when all else fails.
- How to hack your thoughts to reinforce any desired behavior change.
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Session Include:
- Scott's site is http://www.scotthyoung.com/blog/
- Get a free preview chapter of Scott's “How To Change A Habit” book in PDF format here.
- Listen to Scott's TEDx talk on YouTube here.
- The World Is Flat 3.0: A Brief History of the Twenty-first Century book by Thomas Friedman.
- So Good They Can't Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love book by Cal Newport.
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business book by Charles Duhigg.
- Here's the YouTube video “Sugar – The Bitter Truth” that shifted my consciousness around sugar.
- Leo Babauta's site Zen Habits
Help Out The Show:
These podcasts require an extraordinary amount of time and effort to produce. If you are getting value then a great way to give back and encourage me to continue producing them is by heading on over to Itunes to leave an honest review (hopefully 5 stars) and make sure to subscribe while you are there. Many people are raving on Twitter, Facebook, and in email which is always appreciated, but reviews and subscribers on Itunes is how you make a difference. I have 11 reviews right now and would love to see 20 more. Can you help out?
Alternatively, you can click on the link below and it should also launch Itunes on your computer…
Thanks for your support and I hope you enjoyed this episode. Please let me know what you think in the comments below…
Retiring Soon? Pick Up a Copy of My Book.
The conventional approach used by experts to figure how much money you need to retire is fundamentally flawed. Worse yet, you won’t even know it until it’s too late.
This book takes you behind the scientific façade of modern retirement planning to reveal simple, robust solutions that will help you retire sooner and with greater financial security.