Click here to download the transcript of James' top tips for building automatic wealth through habits!
What is the easiest, most certain way to achieve anything?
Any goal you want in life (including financial freedom) is reachable through a few key habits and a little bit of time.
It's really quite simple. Habits compound your daily actions into automatic wealth just like regular savings compounds daily deposits into wealth. It is the identical principle applied to two different resources in your life – money and time.
Does it take effort? Yes – we're not about get-rich-quick here. You have to work at it and the results are produced over time. But it is a simple, certain path to achieve your financial goals with the greatest confidence possible.
If you don't believe you can build automatic wealth then think again because your financial goals are just a few daily habits from being achieved. The end result is not a question of “if”, but “when”. The key is your daily habits, and episode #11 of the Financial Mentor podcast with James Clear will show you how.
In this episode you will discover:
- How to find balance so you can expand your capabilities in a new area without sacrificing other areas of your life.
- How to automate your skill development.
- How to convert personal growth into financial success.
- The critical role of carving out space and time for nurturing a habit during its infancy.
- How conscious understanding, implementation, and ultimate success connect to maximize results with the least effort.
- The hidden way environments shape your habits – without you even knowing.
- The easy strategy to form any new habit.
- The two ways to design your life so that you are literally pulled toward desirable habits and repelled from negative habits.
- Why you should never rely on motivation for behavior change.
- Surprise! How the color of your plate can determine how much you eat.
- How to use visual cues to “automate” your habits.
- The critical connection between habit “frequency” and eventual success.
- What you're really saying when you claim you “don't know where to begin”.
- Why commitment must precede goal achievement, and how to make it work for you.
- How to use identity based goals to strategically bridge your way to performance based goals.
- The 3 R's of habit formation.
- What Alcoholics Anonymous knows about interrupting bad habits that you would be wise to learn also.
- Why you should always start new habits with action first (except in this one important situation!)
- Why focusing on process habits is more effective than outcome oriented goals.
- What “keystone habits” are and how they help you get more done with less effort.
- and much more….
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Session Include:
- James' website to get his free ebook about habits is at http://jamesclear.com
- James' other website about passive income and personal finance is at https://jamesclear.com/passive-panda
- The Financial Mentor podcast episode #6 with Scott Young about habits is here.
- My 7 Steps To 7 Figures Wealth Building Course
- You can learn more about my financial coaching services here.
- Charles Duhigg's book at Amazon The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
- My article about What Is A Good Investment? that explains how process vs. outcome works in investing.
Help Out The Show:
Finally, we're in the home stretch of promoting this podcast on ITunes and the effort has been a success.
We're ranking in the top 10 podcasts for “investing”, and we generally rank in the top 30 overall for the very competitive “business” category – all in less than 2 months. And I have all of you who subscribed and left comments to thank… so thank you!
We only have a few weeks left for eligibility in New & Noteworthy on Itunes as we make a final rush to the promotional finish line so if you have yet to subscribe or leave a review now is a great time. I read every review and appreciate your support.
Alternatively, you can click on the link below and it should also launch ITunes on your computer…
Thanks for your support and I hope you enjoyed this episode. Please let me know what you think in the comments below…
Retiring Soon? Pick Up a Copy of My Book.
The conventional approach used by experts to figure how much money you need to retire is fundamentally flawed. Worse yet, you won’t even know it until it’s too late.
This book takes you behind the scientific façade of modern retirement planning to reveal simple, robust solutions that will help you retire sooner and with greater financial security.