The 4% Rule & Safe Withdrawal Rates In Retirement
How Do You Convert A Volatile Portfolio of Assets Into a Secure, Stable Income Stream That You Won't Outlive?
- If you apply oversimplified rules of thumb to complex financial situations then you're just asking for trouble. You could end up spending too little leaving lifestyle on the table, or you could spend too much and die broke.
- Unfortunately, few financial experts truly understand the complexity of safe withdrawal rates, the limitations, and how practical solutions work.
- This no-nonsense book will empower you to make more informed decisions so that you can secure your lifestyle and finances in retirement.
What Readers Are Saying...
“This book helps to bridge the gap between academia and the real world. Tresidder walks us through the history of safe withdrawal rate research, explains that the 4% rule is a "2nd generation" model, and goes on to explore the ongoing 3rd generation of research. In a nutshell, this is a great value, a relatively quick and easy read given the subject, and absolutely critical knowledge for anybody approaching or planning for retirement. Highly recommended, even required reading!” Darrow Kirkpatrick / CanIRetireYet.com
“Eye opening, empowering and invaluable information that I'm so grateful to have stumbled upon before I continued my potentially destructive path of complete trust in a name brand financial wealth management company. I can't thank you enough for writing these books and giving me the tools I needed to start to change the way I've been handling my future retirement strategy. I only wish I had found these sooner.” Janene / Amazon Reader
“I thought this book was extremely well written. Todd took a very complex subject and made it simple enough for even a layman to understand. He did this by not going in very deep with the mathematics. As a doctor of economics myself I appreciated some new concepts he revealed and made me consider them. A MUST READ if you are serious about your retirement planning (and who isn't?) especially in the DE accumulation phase. ” Edwin C. Burton / Amazon Reader
What You Will Learn...
- How not knowing the limitations of the 4% rule can make you go broke.
- How to know the exact amount you can withdraw while still living comfortably.
- How to create a dynamic model that accurately calculates your safe withdrawal rate.
Who Should Read It
This Book Can Change Your Life...
“This short book has brought some legitimate concerns to the surface of my thinking. I plan to retire within the year and will incorporate some of the conservative concepts from this book into my approach to spending down my retirement savings. It is a quick and worthwhile read.” Daniel Farrell / Amazon Reader
“Great book, really brings you down to earth and gets your thinking set in the right direction. Most financial planners will never go this deep, with this much data.” D. Cox/ Amazon Reader
About the Author
Todd R. Tresidder’s financial writing has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Smart Money Magazine, Investor’s Business Daily, Yahoo Finance, Bankrate.com, and more. He is a former hedge fund manager who “retired” at age 35 to become a financial consumer advocate and money coach. In his spare time, he’s an outdoor recreational enthusiast with varied interests from backpacking and adventure travel to endurance running and cycling. He writes 9 months out of the year from his home in Reno, Nevada while his kids are in school and plays the rest of the year.