Click here to download the transcript of Darrow's top tips for how to retire at 50!
Early retirement is easier than you think.
The essential principles for how to retire at 50 are remarkably simple. Spend less than you earn and invest the difference wisely.
Rinse and repeat these actions with persistence for a few decades and it’s possible for you to achieve early retirement as well.
In this second session of the Financial Mentor podcast Darrow Kirkpatrick, from CanIRetireYet.com, reveals how he retired at age 50. It is the “Everyman’s” strategy for early retirement because anyone can do it, but surprisingly few people will.
Darrow didn’t become a dot-com millionaire, launch a bestselling book, or achieve super-stardom to build his wealth. He did it the boring and reliable way – by working a regular job, controlling spending, and prudent investing.
He did what so few will do even though it really isn’t all that hard. In fact, financial freedom is right within your reach if you put into practice the principles shared right here in this podcast.
In this episode you will discover:
- The essential role frugality plays in succeeding with this strategy (it’s doesn’t work the way you think).
- How focusing on your goals allows you to live on less and never experience sacrifice.
- The key role deeper motivation cause plays in persisting long enough to succeed.
- How your life partner can make or break your financial success.
- How to balance financial freedom for tomorrow with living a fulfilling life today.
- Probability vs. expectancy and why you must know the difference.
- The remarkable parallels between big wall rock climbing and climbing the wall to wealth.
- How the percentage you save determines how long it takes to retire.
- A simple, proven investment strategy.
- Why “security” is just and illusion.
- And much more…
Discover how the “Everyman’s” strategy for financial freedom works so you can achieve the goal too.
Resources and Links Mentioned In The Show:
- Darrow’s CanIRetireYet.com website.
- Darrow’s book on Amazon Retiring Sooner: How to Accelerate Your Financial Independence
- What Big Wall Rock Climbing Can Teach Us About Building Wealth by Darrow Kirkpatrick
- My retirement calculator so you can test your own numbers.
- My book teaching you how much money you need for retirement.
Help Out The Show:
I’m very excited to announce this second episode of the new Financial Mentor podcast. You can now expect 2 episodes per month designed to help you build financial wealth and live a wealthy life. Each episode will be packed with data driven insights and unconventional wisdom.
You can find all sessions of the podcast on Itunes where you can subscribe and/or leave a (hopefully 5 star) review…
Again, if this podcast gave you value then a great way to give back is to subscribe and/or leave a review on Itunes. Just click on the link above or the link below should also launch Itunes on your computer…
Thanks for your support and I hope you enjoyed this episode. Please let me know what you think in the comments below…
Retiring Soon? Pick Up a Copy of My Book.
The conventional approach used by experts to figure how much money you need to retire is fundamentally flawed. Worse yet, you won’t even know it until it’s too late.
This book takes you behind the scientific façade of modern retirement planning to reveal simple, robust solutions that will help you retire sooner and with greater financial security.